~ "The richness I achieve comes from nature, the source of my inspiration." ~ Claude Monet ~


Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Season of "The Gathering"


Autumn to me is the earth preparing for it's long winter slumber. Preparing to start the circle of life yet again. With Autumn comes my birthday, to me a new beginning. I am so inspired by the beauty and vibrate explosion of color that surround me.
I smell the cool crisp sweet scented air and that distinct aroma of rotting leaves, ever falling from the trees, creating a blanket onto the earth for cover & mulch for Spring's new growth. Natures carpet becomes alive with dancing whirling leaves as the winds begin to blow more intense, scattering the seeds of life about.
I meander through my gardens planting and gathering. Time to collect my wind chimes and garden art and bring them to safety.

I anticipate the glorious arrival of the Harvest and Hunters' Moons, as they greet me and envelop the night sky.
Autumn to me is the Season of The Gathering. In the skies, birds flock to begin their journeys together. In the forests, wildlife herd up once again. In the water, my Koi group at the deepest depths of my pond to start their hibernation. On the land, we gather together to harvest our crops, game and seeds. Gathering in kitchens and pantries canning, baking and freezing.

Autumn to me, it is a Season of Celebration, as we gather together at tables with family and friends. Grateful and Thankful for them and for natures bounty, The Harvest.

"Winter is an etching, Spring a watercolor, Summer an oil painting and Autumn a mosaic of them all."......Stanley Horowitz

1 comment:

  1. Fall is my favorite season! The hot weather is gone, grass is dieing, the trees look amazing, and I get to make fresh pumpkin pie!!
    We have thanksgiving next weekend, look forward to the long weekend, turkey and pumpkin pie.
    Was just at your shop - it's AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete